So without further ado; I hope you enjoy this Q&A with Christine Greene!
|One of my all time favorite pieces from C.Greene - Double Coil Snake Ring with a solitary champagne diamond & pave white diamonds. Set in your choice of 18K Yellow or White Gold. Isn't it delicious?!?!|
1. What prompted your passion for jewelry and jewelry design?
Grandma’s Jewelry Box. I grew up in the British Colonies, and that influence is still very strong.
|Daisy Skull Cuff - Solitary Champage Diamond and Pave White Diamonds Set in 18K Rose Gold.|
2. What is your favorite piece or collection?
Lockets – things that are worn close to the heart.
3. What would your perfect “jewelry day” involve / be like?
That what I “wanted” to wear (jewelry-wise) would pass with what I “needed” to wear!
|Look at this amazing pave diamond horn in yellow gold. Add this to my Wish List!|
4. Thus far, what would you say is your proudest jewelry moment or memory?
Enameling in high school and making all my Christmas presents that year.
5. Where do you find your greatest inspiration?
The Ocean; past, present and future when sustainable practices for the sake of adornment are cultivated world-wide.
|Snake Drop Earrings - Champagne Diamonds and Pave White Diamonds Set in 18K White Gold.|
6. In your personal wardrobe, do you find that you gravitate to one particular jewelry accessory (rings vs. necklace vs. bracelets vs. watches, etc.) more often than others?
Only rings when travelling. I find them the most versatile, weather friendly and easily dress-up a day outfit for night.
7. When putting together an outfit, how do you feel about mixing metals, designs and even new with vintage pieces?
I never stopped mixing vintage, but I only avoid mixing yellow gold with rose gold.
|Double Snake Cuff - Champagne and Pave White Diamonds Set in 18K Yellow Gold|
8. Layering seems to be a trend that is here to stay, for now. What are your feelings on the layered look? How do you like layered necklaces with layered bracelets plus layered rings?
9. What advice would you give to budding jewelry designers? To budding fine jewelry collectors?
Do what you love, buy what you love
Flash Question - Dream trip destination?