FREYWILLE brings is the place to shop for some absolutely stunning jewelry done in enamel and gold. Their inspirations come from famous artists and historical art motifs. FREYWILLE is available in boutiques worldwide. So for more information, and to find a stockist nearest you, visit their website.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy our Q&A with FREYWILLE!
1. What prompted your passion for jewelry and jewelry design?
Since childhood, I had a strong affinity to jewellry - allways admiring and playing with my mom’s jewels. Later, I often designed and crafted my own, as well. I was unavoidably supposed to use my talent and become an artist…SO these two passions combined…mystically.
2. What is your favorite piece or collection?
My favourite piece is the Diva bangle and my favourite design is “Secret Love” from our “Ode To Joy of Life” collection.
|"Secret Love" design from the FREYWILLE "Ode to Joy of Life" collection.|
3. What would your perfect “jewelry day” involve / be like?
4. Thus far, what would you say is your proudest jewelry moment or memory?
When “Vogue” Paris choose “My Matryoshka” – a design from our latest collection “Passionate Russia” for PR.
|“My Matryoshka” – a design from the latest FREYWILLE collection, “Passionate Russia.”|
5. Where do you find your greatest inspiration?
In bed mostly. Besides everywhere.
6. In your personal wardrobe, do you find that you gravitate to one particular jewelry accessory (rings vs. necklace vs. bracelets vs. watches, etc.) more often than others?
Surely bangles and earrings, especially the “Waterdrops” earrings from FREYWILLE.
|FREYWILLE "Floral Symphony" Waterdrop earrings.|
7. When putting together an outfit, how do you feel about mixing metals, designs and even new with vintage pieces?
I do mix up frequently, it's a favourite. But I do not mix in between the collections. I stay in the collection and mix the designs of one family, it is still a harmony. I like to break rules and I love to find new languages, and sometimes, what I did, becomes a trend later on...it’s in the air.
|Wearing FREYWILLE, layer away but stay within the same collection to create a feeling of harmony.|
8. Layering seems to be a trend that is here to stay, for now. What are your feelings on the layered look? How do you like layered necklaces with layered bracelets plus layered rings?
If the outfit is decent, classic and simple, it might look classy, heavy and would rock a lot. But sometimes less is more….I would not put layered bracelets and rings on the same arm/hand.
If you would wear all these bold looks at one time, then I would put it with a gypsy or hippie chic outfit…a modern nomad style.
If you want to break the rules in everyday life, combine it with jumpsuit and a blazer or it could pimp your adidas sports dress, mix the colors, everything is possible. I love the creative fusion of contrasts.
9. What advice would you give to budding jewelry designers? To budding fine jewelry collectors?
Do what you really want to do. Develop your unique authentic style and success will be at hand.
A collector should buy the pieces that gives him a special feeling, an emotion, a memory. Besides material value, for me, it’s most important to have a personal approach for what I [purchase] for myself. These jewels have a priceless value. You never give them away.
Flash Question - Dream trip destination?